The USC Radiomics Lab focusses on developing robust computational methods for extracting quantifiable features from medical images that encompass a wide range of imaging modalities and diseases and using it to develop clinical decision support tools to aid diagnosticians to make more informed decisions about the diagnosis as well as prognosis. This lab is always looking for new candidates with translational ideas and an interest to work within a cross-disciplinary group. Please contact: Bino Varghese PhD Assistant Professor of Research Radiology at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Students admitted to the HTE@USC program will have access to a wide variety of research centers and labs where expertise, facilities and other resources will enable them to design, build and test solutions. By plugging into and supporting the strong and successful collaborations that already exist or which have recently been formed between the Viterbi School of Engineering and the Keck School of Medicine, students will be able to tackle the real-world problems they identify and prioritize in clinical settings.
The selection of research centers below is a small sample of those that could potentially include HTE project groups. For HTE students, the focus will be on problem-specific projects to complete while mentored by leading faculty experts and working in concert with other USC resources aiming to bring ideas to market including the Stevens Center for Innovation, the Alfred E. Mann Institute for Biomedical Engineering, The Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at The Marshall School of Business and The Keck Medical Center of USC.
Beginning as an integrative program across two USC schools, HTE@USC will provide the skills and abilities to allow our students to form the best and most successful team of clinicians, engineers, and scientists for a particular job. With training to facilitate and accelerate collaboration, HTE@USC students and graduates will learn by example from their mentors and lead by example beginning at USC and continuing through productive careers. The USC Viterbi School of Engineering promotes, encourages, and nurtures innovation and collaboration of both its students and faculty.
HTE@USC’s D-Health Lab is a digital innovation lab that aims to provide a rapid prototyping and testing environment focused on healthcare information technology. A major goal: reduce the cost, time and complexity of developing healthcare platforms and applications that would improve overall medical care. By bringing together engineers, medical researchers, hospital executives and other industry players, HTE@USC’s D-Health Lab will foster healthcare innovation at the intersection of engineering, entrepreneurship and medicine.
USC-affiliated centers which have been enabled through interdisciplinary approaches include:
- HTE@USC’s Digital Health Lab http://dhealth.usc.edu/
- USC mHealth Collaboratory https://cesr.usc.edu/centers_programs/usc_mhealth_collaboratory
- Center for Technology Innovation in Pediatrics at CHLA http://www.scctip.com/
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles http://www.chla.org
- The Center for Health Systems Innovation (CHSI) https://chsi.usc.edu
- Magnetic Resonance Engineering Laboratory (http://mrel.usc.edu/)
- Michelson Center for Convergent Bioscience Initiative The Bridge@USC
- The USC mHealth Collaboratory on Mobile Health http://mhealth.usc.edu/
- Bioelectronic Research Lab (http://bmes-erc.usc.edu/brl/)
- Center for Applied Molecular Medicine (http://camm.usc.edu/)
Center for Autism Research in Engineering (http://care.usc.edu/)
- Biomimetic MicroElectronic Systems Engineering Research Center (http://bmes-erc.usc.edu/)
- Center for Vision Science and Technology (https://cvst.usc.edu/)
- Biomedical Imaging Research Lab (http://neuroimage.usc.edu/)
- The USC Biomechanics Research Laboratory https://dornsife.usc.edu/labs/biomech/
- Center for Body Computing (http://www.usccardiology.org/bodycomputing/index.html)
- Center for Neural Engineering (http://cne.usc.edu/)
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute (http://www.labctsi.org/)
- Institute of Creative Technologies (http://ict.usc.edu/)
- Medical Device Development Facility (http://mddf.usc.edu/)
- Brain-Body Dynamics Lab (http://bbdl.usc.edu/)
- Pulsed Power Research Group (http://pulsedpower.usc.edu/)
- Signal Analysis and Interpretation Laboratory (http://sail.usc.edu/)
- Center for Robotics and Embedded Systems (http://cres.usc.edu/Home/)
- Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute https://keck.usc.edu/zilkha/
- Programs in Biomedical and Biological Sciences (PIBBS) (https://www.usc.edu/programs/pibbs)
- USC Institute for Global Health https://globalhealth.usc.edu
- USC Armani Research Lab http://armani.usc.edu